Mr Jim Carmichael
B.Med.Sci., B.M., B.S., M.Sc., F.R.C.S. Tr. Orth.
Consultant in Foot, Ankle and Knee Surgery
James Carmichael was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Trust in May 2010. His clinical practice covers surgery of the foot, ankle and knee and all aspects of trauma orthopaedics.
He graduated from Nottingham University Medical School with a Bachelor of Medical Science (II.i) and Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. He went on to complete his basic surgical rotation in the Nottingham and Derby area. In 2002 he moved to the Winchester area where he undertook his higher surgical training in the Wessex region. During this period, he also gained an MSc with distinction in Orthopaedic Engineering at Cardiff University and gained the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (London).
During his training he developed a specialist interest in surgery of the lower limb. He completed fellowships in the North Sydney Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Centre under Dr M. Cross and Dr D. Wood and at the Clinic for Foot and Ankle Surgery and Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London under Mr J. Calder. He is an active member of the British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society.
His Clinical interests are centred around surgery of the foot, ankle, and knee including:
- Sports injuries of the foot, ankle and knee
- Arthroscopic surgery of the ankle and knee
- Rheumatoid and degenerative disorders of the foot and ankle
- Joint replacement surgery of the ankle and knee
- Joint fusions of the foot and ankle
- Reconstructive surgery of the ligaments and tendons of the ankle and foot
- Disorders of the Achilles tendon
- He also has specialist training in the surgical repair of proximal hamstrings avulsions
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Specialist in disorders of the Foot, Ankle & Knee Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals
To know more about Mr. James Carmichael please click below links.